Thursday, July 19, 2007

More Photos & travel stories

For me who is a bit nervous of heights, this was a big challenge!


Logan Pass is the highest place in the park and site of the Continental Divide [water flows to the east and to the west].
The upgraded 1930's red buses are the best way to see things in the park. These originally were called "jammers" as there wasn't a clutch to change gears and the driver just jammed it into gear.


Spring flowers are only "out" for a very short time.


There were so many things to do and things to see. It was just a continual sense of awe and amazement. I think I must have said "Oh my goodness" about a zillion and a half times. It was pretty breezy and sometimes challenging to sit outdoors for meals, but we tried, most of the time, as it was so georgous! The campground sponsored a fireworks display (on July 4), but sadly the trailer from which the fireworks were shot off caught fire afterwards. Glad to hear those fire sirens coming.

I'm not sure I have the right name, but I loved the 'motorcycle tricycles' that we saw. They were so stable that they even appealed to 'chickens' like me. And many of those folks were pulling little trailers that set up into tents with a sleeping area - reputedly a queen-sized bed, as well as a small enclosed area for dressing/cooking/whatever. It struck me as extremely clever. I spoke with one couple from Texas who reported that their trailer only weighed just over 500 lbs.

We are really so fortunate to be able to make this trip and see this beautiful country. I continue to be appreciative and thankful for all my blessings. Much for which to be grateful! [More still to come]

2 comments:

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures. I love to see the mountains. special when there is snow on the top in summer.