has tagged me for the 7 wierd and wacky things meme. She has also graciously helped me to understand how to make the links. So I am being hopeful that I have done this correctly.
THE RULES:1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
So for me:
1. I love Barry Manilow and the music of the 80's (a friend gave me a Fan-i-low bumper sticker for Christmas, but it isn't on the car!)
2. I used to have (I haven't paid any dues lately to the FCC) a ham radio license, KA7FWN. My brother who is an advanced "ham" said that stood for Fabulous Woman Novice. Cute, heh?
3. During college I sang in a coffee house. I think it was more desperation on their part than talent on mine.
4. When my children were little, I had a catering business. Somehow I foolishly thought I could get all my preparation done while they napped. Silly me! But I'm still a pretty good cook.
5. I love reading mysteries, especially Anne Perry and Stephanie Barron.
6. I love the books of Anne Lamott - I like to read just one chapter/piece at a time and to "savor" and ponder it.
7. I have been studying Dutch for the past 6 or 7 years, very part time. I adore the country (can't you tell?)and thought it would be good manners to know some of their language, as they know so much of mine.
And so, I will tag the following folks, if they would like to do this:
I'm not sure who else hasn't done this lately. So please consider yourself included if you would like to "play". Oh the silly things we do. Still visiting in Wash DC with my DS and DIL. Sunday I leave for New Orleans for the build. We got more details yesterday of what exactly we will be doing. Mostly it is sheet-rocking, one group will roof and one will do finish work. This will be a challenge.