Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving and cold bugs



Sorry - I have been a bit under the weather since turkey day and have been laying mighty low. Wander around with my "best friend" - the tissue box, under my arm. I usually manage to avoid these but somehow this one caught up with me. Turkey day was very nice. My poor SIL had to work as he is a cook short. He is the food services manager at a rehab. facility. Poor guy. Hopefully this does mean that he will be able to be free and clear for Christmas. Brother, wife, his oldest son, friends, us-n's and of course, the world's cutest grandkids who were just as cute as could be. A swell time was had by all. Oldest GD made little appetizer/decorations for the table:
Cute little penguins. Not sure where she got this recipe, but of course Nana thought they were terrific. Black olives, stuffed with cream cheese on top of carrot slices. Faces are made from carrot shreds and tiny pieces of cream cheese. Cute, huh?

Brother Henry (for whom I made the muffins)
was deposited at the airport this afternoon and on the way home we made a number of stops, including a local fabric store, with post Thanksgiving sales. I needed some dark Christmas green and some 'interesting' black. Managed to find both of those and added a yard of each to my collection - didn't I show great restraint? I have completed a return gift for my crazy exchange partner. She might look here so I cannot show you all of it, but eventually you'll see it. So that is in the envelope ready to go to the post office and on its way to Finland. And then, this afternoon, I received a return exchange for one I had sent a while ago to Simone in the Netherlands.

Oh my gosh, so cute:

I got Max. I have loved a sheep that Simone had made and shown on her blog, so now I have the latest family addition. Lucky me. She also sent me some very cute Debbie Mumm 12 Days of Christmas fabric, as well as the fabrics and bits to make a little Welcome hanging.

I have to produce some Christmas ornaments. I'll show you when I have something worth showing. Blow..... blow.....blow.

3 comments:

Joke said...

I love these pinguins, pleas take GD to the Netherlands next year!!

Anonymous said...

The Ballard quilter is very sorry you are feeling under the weather. Sometimes buying fabric will cure a cold.

Janaina said...

The penguins look really funny and yummy! =)