Thursday, April 23, 2009

Life will be easier now

I realize this may not be a big deal to many of you, but yesterday a new range was delivered. When we had the kitchen remodeled about 6+/- years ago, we bought a new gas range. I loved it. But about a year+ ago the oven quit. The burners worked but the oven would shut off. We would hit the reset button and it seemed to recover for a while, but kept returning to the "something is wrong" message. I had a service guy come out (for some very large sum) to be told that it was the equivalent of the "mother board" that needed replacing. That would cost something close to $400. For a stove that was only a few years old, that seemed unbelievable - built in obsolescence. So we have managed without an oven for many months, but it was coming to the end of my tolerance - Easter ham in a crockpot does work, but not my first choice. So, yesterday a new gas range arrived and seems to work just swell!

I have to make a pie for church - so will give it a real-live test. Tonight is the start of our annual (huge) rummage sale - Superfluity Sale. Last year we made over $20,000 - all for mission projects. The 'bakery' sells coffee and pie, during the sale.
Onward!

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

We just went through that with our forced air furnace. But in our case it was $650 for the board or $2500 for a new furnace. Bah! My oven (the range is electric) has very uneven heating but I have adjusted. Wish I could get a new one like you did. Good luck with the sale!

Joke said...

I wish I could be there to taste your pie, must be yummie :)
Knuffel,