Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Western Washington State Fair

Quilt Photos

Each year we look forward to going to the Puyallup Fair (formally known as the Western Washington State Fair). Great fun with the requisite huge pumpkins, piglets and wonderful quilts. Last year Caroline was here visiting from the Netherlands and wanted to be sure that this year we enjoyed a scone, a BBQ Sandwich for lunch and a root beer float in the afternoon. We managed the scone, this year, but also really enjoyed the unseasonably warm autumn day (83`)

It was interesting to notice - even if it isn't clear on my photos - the large number of autumn colors used in the quilts, this year. Also many quilts (although I'm not sure I photoed many of them) that had cross stitch and or needlework on them, in addition to applique and quilting. Just kind of fun to notice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures, and I remembered a lot of things from last year. It's lovely to see. bye bye Caro

jacq said...

thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
I wish whe had such events over here I wnet to a fair in Canada when i whas 15 , and I loved it!