Monday, March 7, 2011

The Day after . . . . .

Friend Caro went home yesterday.  Our home is very quiet and we are missing her presence.  Isn't it so amazing that you can meet someone and somehow everything just "clicks".  She reminded me that we only met 3 years ago when I was traveling in the Netherlands and Belgium on an essentially quilty trip. 

Now we are getting ready to fulfill something that has been on my bucket list for quite some time.  We will be swapping houses with 2 different families in the Netherlands this summer.  It really should be just the "best" adventure - however, there are 2 or 3 things to get organized before mid May.  Phew!
Caro would be ready to fill up every day.  But we will try to be sensible and plan for some busy and some relaxing time, as well.  Many friends, new and old to visit, places to visit or re-visit - it's just all very exciting.  I'll try not to bore you with all our machinations around getting ready to go - and to have two families living in our house, while we are away.  Much to get ready. 

Meanwhile, I have been sewing the binding on another Stone Soup Quilt,





I don't regularly buy fabric, but do belong to a fabric club from which I receive six fat quarters, four times a year.  These are the "Basics" line from a Danish manufacturer.  I like them very much, as the patterns are generally quite muted and 'read' as solids from a distance - and I don't usually find them in other peoples quilts.

Lastly, one UFO on the road to completion, with borders now,
I must admit to being fairly pleased with my needle turn applique on this one,
Pretty small stitches.

Mostly keeping out of trouble.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I miss you too. But it's only 2,5 month before you arrive!!!! Looking forward to see you both. It will be very exciting. THANKS AGAIN FOR A FANTASTIC HOLIDAY. bye bye Caro
p.s. I'm still busy unpacking my suitcases. It's amazing how less clothes there in, and how many fabrics ; )