Sunday, September 23, 2007
On Saturday Ronda and I started to do the actual layout of our latest joint effort. These are fabrics that we found months ago without knowing quite what we would make with them. We had each bought the same thing and then decided perhaps it made more sense to put our two piles together and make one quilt. Dhhhhhh!! At first we had thought to do a multi-colored quilt, but came to decide that we liked the idea of a pink family one and a blue family one. So here you will see our efforts so far. I will sew the pink one together and then we will start the (arduous) task of figuring out what we do about a border. Any thoughts? We still have to make a number of squares for the blue one, obviously. And then border issues, again. We thought perhaps they should be called something like "Two Sisters of the same mother" or "Non-identical twins".
I learned that my latest batch of exchange items have arrived, so I can now show some photos of what I have been working on. [No, I haven't just been cleaning my house, though I did some of that, as well. :-) ] These are all table toppers, about 18" square. There was one more, but I guess I forgot to take its picture. Perhaps Mary will post one and I can get it from there.
That's about all the news from around here. Today was a gorgeous day, but the TV weatherman says, "No more" and to expect the grey and 'liquid sunshine' arriving overnight. Ah, autumn is really here!