Friday, May 30, 2008

StashBusters

[photo from Betty Reynolds, Oct. 2001] Oklahoma Nine Patch My quilting group, named StashBusters, makes a quilt each year to be raffled off by a neighborhood center. This, in turn, covers the cost of our rent to use space at the senior center for our every other week gatherings. This is an approximation of what we are doing next. Each member made between 30 and 40 nine-patch squares - cut 1-3/4". We put our lights in the #1 and #3 positions (top left and top right) and then used totally scrappy darks. We will be doing our triangles in a brick-colored marble and a cream light. I really think it will be quite attractive (and certainly a far journey from our Judy Niemeyer Sunflower from last year). Just so you don't think I have been sitting around looking "cute".

On the home front, I have finished up the baby quilt for my DIL's sister and that family's first grandchild. Much excitement


And I got the horizontal sashing on my Crazy Mom Quilts - Quilt-a-long blocks. Not a great photo, but it gives you the general idea. I plan to use the muslin for a vertical sashing with scrappy cornerstones. Border ideas are still 'in the works'.


Bring on the sunshine!

1 comment:

méri said...

Such a beautiful quilts you make!
I can't say which is the prettiest!

I can feel the excitement in your family. Nine years ago my family was feeling the same! My grand-nephew willbe 9 years ago next November! Already! Meanwhile we (3 sisters)have ELEVEN grand children!!! Between 9 and 2 years old.
Good whises!