Saturday, June 5, 2010

Did she fall down the rabbit hole?

Actually no, I didn't, but somehow the days seem to be slipping past and I don't get to updating. So apologies - I'm not ignoring you. I have been doing sewing but sadly cannot show you what I've been doing - making stars for Caroline, Dieuwke and Willemijn (my Dutch quilter visitors from March). I have been using up the last of the left-over reproduction strips and am thinking that I will perhaps try something similar to Nanas Gardens (quilt in a day). This is something that I have been plugging away at:

Hand quilting. I'm not the greatest, in terms of lovely small stitches, but I am fairly evenly spaced - so give myself points for that. You might notice that we are having sunshine today - HURRAH! In contrast with the Memorial Day week-end, where we had one partly sunny afternoon:


This is mostly what we saw out the window (enlarge it and you can see the rain on the windshield of the motorhome and the puddles in the background) It really was dreadful. One is supposed to be able to be outdoors some of the time, but our time was severely limited. We were also holding our breath as we drove 20 miles into the nearest little town with a tire store - we kept losing air out of one of the rear tires - a slow-ish leak. Fortunately it was a bad valve extension (if you care) so after removing that we were set to go and to start breathing deeply again. Fingers crossed that our June event holds better weather.

Good quilty wishes and I'll try to do better at working on things I can show you. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have to make my stars. So I have to hurry up a little bit. bye bye Caro