Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday update

It is pleasant to be back into the routine of life as I knew it BTT (before the [big RV]trip). Jaunts to Costco, some grocery shopping, a little of this and a little of that.

Yesterday I just "messed" around in the sewing room. Made some sweats for GS - his favorite outfit, these days. Also played around with a purple version of half long cabin blocks. Not sure what they will lead to, but interesting.


This morning we tried the latest Artisan bread recipe. This one is called European Peasant Bread. The same basic recipe with the addition of 1/2 cup of rye flour and 1/2 cup of wheat flour. Those two really made the dough (literally) heavier, but it turned out very nicely. We even shared some with friend Ronda when she came over. YUM.









Bless her heart, she brought me a perfect belated birthday gift for my sewing/quilting room. She says that with an angel in there I may not swear. Oh dear! Now, because it is what I do, I have to think of a perfect name for her. Any suggestions? Also a very nice charm pack. Aren't I so lucky!

Time to get busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marne, I really really love your angel. You can give her an oldfashion dutch name like: Geesje, Geertje, Berendina,Bartha, Aaltje, Geraldina, Hendrika or Adelheid. I think the last name is perfect for your angel. bye bye Caro

ballardquilter said...

How did Caro know this was a Dutch angel? I agree, Adelheid is perfect. Now Marne just has to watch the flow of naughty words.