Monday, November 1, 2010

November Rains

Thankfully the heavy rain held off for the Trick-or-Treaters last night.  But now, oh my, autumn wetness is here with VIGOR!  This will be a quick "hello" and "god-bye" as I'm off to Houston.  Hurrah!  I was able to visit the Quilt Show a few years ago and then the opportunity came up to go this year, again.  So tomorrow morning I will be flying south.  Much excitement.  One of the fun adventures, in addition to warmer weather, marvelous quilts, sales of everything imaginable (quilt related), great classes and lectures, I will get to meet, in person, Jossie of http://cybelespatch.blogspot.com/.  She is coming with several other Dutch quilters so I will have a chance to expand that wonderful International Quilting circle - I have been so fortunate to have come to know other quilters from around the world and it just keeps growing.  Oh lucky me!

Just just a quick catch-up - in early October we took a quick trip to Victoria.  It included a great visit to Butchart Gardens.  So lovely, even in the rain.


Dolly-sized quilt made from scraps left over from the purple stars lap quilt.  Oh it feels so frugal to be able to use all the pieces - even the left-overs!  Stash busting!


Charming quilt store in Victoria.  They feature many patterns from local designers and have a large selection of patterns in "native" designs.  Look for it if you are there.

Oh, oh - it's the great pumpkin!  News of Houston to follow.

No comments: