Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday update

No photos to show you, but wanted to let you know that I haven't fallen off the turnip truck (at least, not yet).  So please accept a few words to talk about what's been going on.  My old computer was 3 or 4 iterations out of date, so decided to take the plunge and got a new one.  Then had to figure out how to make it work, and in fact, only got the printer to recognize it today.  Woo Hoo.

If you see Facebook, you will see that we got our new motorhome this week-end.  Very exciting and I can't wait to get to try it out this next week-end.  Need to spend some fair amount of time getting things actually put away and stored where I think I want to keep them.  This one has less indoor storage, so it is a bit of a challenge.  Meanwhile I have my cardio-rehab program 3 days a week.  Tomorrow is a minor medical procedure and Thursday it is a program at the University of Washington Retirees Association about long-term living arrangements: retirement communities, independent living, nursing homes, etc.  No, I'm not ready to move in, but having watched our friends and neighbors having to "react" when a problem surfaced, I want to feel like I have considered the options and know what I want, ahead of time.  Also on Thursday is another Treadmill/stress test - to see if I am improved after my heart surgery and then we have tickets to a Calvin College Improv. group.  PHEW!

So you can see that I have not done a lot of working behind my machine and probably won't this week, either.  Oh well, soon enough.  I did do some cutting out of strips to be pieced.  But not enough to show you just yet.  This is a kind of a trial to see if I like it as well in person as I did in the magazine.  Happy days - come on Spring!!!!!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Well it's better to be prepared. I'm curious about your new project. Here it's going slowly but steady. bye bye Caro