Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WIP Wednesday


I see that phrase used and think it is quite a good descriptor. For me, that is exactly what today will be. The last couple of days I have been working on finally completing a number of things that have been in various stages of completion or otherwise. This afternoon I will drive a friend to a medical appointment and have two bindings to sew down. I always sew the front side of my bindings by machine and do the back side by hand. What about you? One is the baby quilt - as soon as I get that one in the mail I think I can show you. The other is a Christmas table runner I started for myself ages ago and never finished. So on Monday I trimmed it to size, yesterday sewed on the binding (which is fairly narrow, but it is all I had of that fabric) and today will finish up. Yeah!

Judy L. talked this morning about decorating for Christmas. I like to wait until after Thanksgiving (and probably will this year as well) but I think I'm anxious to get started as we won't be here (in this house) for Christmas. We are going to my daughter's to be with the grandkids. I remember my parents always came to our house for Christmas morning - to be with the kids! It's interesting how many of us mimic those holiday traditions our parents followed. So decorating is poised to start SOON.

I finished sewing the sections of of the Christmas tree skirt together. It was not as difficult to match up the pattern as I had feared. I have, however, put it aside for a bit as backing and BINDING it will be a major headache, I feel sure. At least it will be huge going all the way around. But as we won't be here it isn't quite so critical [she said having started it about 5 years ago] :-? Instead I will finish up the things that have to get in the mail and complete before Christmas and then come back to this. I'm feeling like I do qualify for Works in Progress on this Wednesday.


5 comments:

Susan said...

I love your tree skirt. It looks like it was worth the time and effort.

kjquilts said...

Your tree skirt will be so pretty when finished! I always start my decorating the day after Thanksgiving (today). It takes me all weekend to get the decorations up. Have a great holiday with your grandchildren.

Finn said...

Hi Marne, thanks for stopping by over at Pieces *VBS* I see we are both in the More quilting for fun group!glad to meet ya!!
I'd be happy to send you a Holly Jolly, drop me an email with your snail mail address at
Finn922000@yahoo.com
I can answer any questions or comments that way, ok?
Love the progress you are making on your older projects...me too!
I sew the binding on the front and then hand finish it on the back, always..as in 30+ years worth.
So nice to have you with us in blogland. Hugsm Finn

florence( crazy exchange) said...

Waouhhhh !!!
your tree skirt is beautifull !!!

Marilyn R said...

Your tree skirt is stunning! Just think what it will look like under the tree!