Friday, October 10, 2008

October marches on!

I am so anxious that we will never see the sun again, that I'm thoroughly delighting in the few peeks that we get. There are even a few things blooming in my garden. So we will start there:












I suppose you could argue that I should make more of an effort working in the yard (I hate yard work) but alas. . . . I just enjoy what's there (when it's there). :-/

I have also been doing a bit of "fabric play". Two other women in my RVing group are quilters so we have decided to try a block swap. I made blocks all yesterday afternoon - blue is our color this month. These are quite easy. After this (picture) they are squared up to 5 inches. We are to give each other 8 per month - actually I made myself a few extra. Not sure how it will all go together, as I don't expect we will have a whole quilt's worth, but it is fun. I'm thinking green next month.

I also bought some flannel for my friend Amy's new baby, due the first part of January. I'm not convinced that buying fabric to immediately use, turn around and give away, actually counts as 'adding to my stash' - that's my thought and I'm sticking to it!










I'm working on a couple of new crazy exchanges. I haven't heard that my autumn exchange has arrived at it's destination and it should be there by now. Hmmmmm. (I can't say because she sometimes stops by here.)

Enjoy the gifts we get this time of the year, even if they seem small. Stashbusters retreat on Saturday, so I should be able to get some photos to show you. Life is good!

1 comment:

méri said...

I like your flowers :)))