I am making some continuing progress on my block-a-month project and have completed two more blocks. I realize that it doesn't seem so speedy, but was in part because I had to re-make the blue block. I thought (perhaps) I knew better than the pattern and altered the size of a couple of the blocks - thinking to make them fit better. Yes, well - it didn't go together correctly, in the end, so there was nothing but to do it over. Note to self: just like Ikea instructions (as my friend Caro says) you must follow them, as written.
Also got the blocks together for the high school graduation quilt I started a while back. [3 blocks by 4] This gal is going to college in southern California, so no wool batting required. Something pleasant but not too heavy. I hope that friend Alayne will be able to fit this into her quilting schedule.