Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tidbits from Tuesday

Oh so silly to make up names for a blogpost.  Well, here we are on Tuesday.  Saturday (a couple of days ago) my 9 y.o. grandson had a soccer game.  It rained really hard at the start and we all thought "oh dear, this won't be pleasant" but it did stop after about 20 minutes.  Thank goodness.

They are so clean and tidy before the game.




On Sunday I began a quilt I had seen in a magazine.  I will have to go look for the woman's name who was the designer, but I loved it as soon as I saw it and knew it would be a PERFECT use of a large variety of asian fabrics I had.  [Caro - do you have doggy fabrics left?]  This would be a great use of any particular themed fabrics.  Animals?  Kids?  Sports?
Finished the top, sans border, this afternoon.  Black border to go around.  It will be a very nice lap-sized quilt.

I also finished a Christmas gift for friends.  Actually they will not even be at home for the holidays this year, but it's done for another year.   Per Caro's suggestion, I used green binding.
This was so easy and a fantastic way to use up small pieces of left-over fabric.

This week-end is our last RV outing.  So this afternoon we did a bit of shopping for items for this event, at Long Beach, WA.  Taco fixings and ice cream sundae toppings.  We've still to get some breakfast muffins and the ice cream will be a last minute purchase.  Fingers crossed that the rains will hold off.



3 comments:

Bernadette van gils said...

hello
What a nice quilt with the black in between
The one you made for christmas is that to put under the christmas tree so you can't see the foot off the tree. I find it very beautiful
have a nice day
greetings
Bernadette

Caroline said...

no doggy fabrics left. Caro

Elaine said...

Wow! That is great that you have ALREADY put together the top with the Asian prints. I saw the photo/pattern too (was it in Quick Quilts?) and it reminded me of the BQ2 pattern.

After taking the Kaffe Fassett class in Vashon, I am all excited about large florals now. :-)