Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday bits and pieces

I said I would show you what I found at GeeGee's.  A truly amazing shop and just almost "over the top" for quilters and sewers. 

#1 - I decided to use a background fabric I already had for my (way old) block a month program,
(see blog, Friday, June 8).  Luckily I hadn't run out but it was approaching.  And GeeGee's happened to have more - hurrah,
#2 I also found some of a fun little print.  It would probably have worked if I ran out of the above.
Ronda and I have a date for a complete the blocks for our buck-a-block project.  And I needed something for corner stones and found a great fabric, #3
[All this new fabric mandates that I REALLY get some things finished.]  Also found some funny MahJong fabric - perhaps a little bag or something, #4
Over the week-end, I got a few belated birthday gifts - oh it is such fun to spread your birthday over several weeks (months?)

And what do you know - GeeGee's had something that went perfectly with the fat quarter pack, #5

I should point out that some of this fabric came from the 40% off corner, so I wasn't quite as out-of-control as it might seem.  :-)





No comments: