Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sewing and Stitchery Expo

This is a great 4 day event held in the nearby town of Puyallup. This is the 26th year. Typically there are more than 20,000 attendees. In the publicity it is described as "Four days of sewing and quilting action jam-packed with hundred of booths, classes, hands-on workshops, Free Stage Style Shows and daily special events." You really should consider making a trip out this way. 2011 dates are March 3-6. It is terrific fun. More than enough inspiration to last until the next year. One could manage to spend hundreds (no, thousands) of dollars, if they aren't really careful. I just spent Friday this year, as I didn't take any classes. In previous years I've taken as many as 13 classes over 3 days. One has to allow enough time for serious shopping, plus a lunch and coffee break with a scone.











Of course, it wouldn't be a trip to Puyallup without this:









I cannot hang-out in the sewing room until the house is ready for out-of-towners (my one little piece of self-discipline) so have only one small project to show you. I had started this one months ago and just finally got it finished. It is above my desk. Yeah!





Still enjoying the Olympics, but it soon will be over. Alas!

No comments: