Monday, May 17, 2010

Exchanges

Probably about 2 years ago I decided that I wanted to become part of an on-line exchange. I'm not quite sure I remember how, but I found my Crazy Exchange group and have had such fun sending things away and having Christmas in the middle of the year when I have received hand-made items made by other quilters/sewers/stitchers. As often happens, the majority of the group have dwindled away and there are only a very few of us left. But I do have a wonderful collection of incredible handmade items.

Today my postal lady brought me a parcel from New Zealand,


A hardanger tassel, Maori inspired fabric, scissors, N.Z. spoon, N.Z. chocolate and a Christmas ornament pattern. Aren't I so lucky?

Perhaps one day I can visit New Zealand and meet Margaret in person. I have been able to make two trips to the Netherlands and Belgium where I have met several other Crazy Exchangers. And this has also introduced me to my friend Caroline, from Holland, who has visited here three times, now. [She was here this past March and now we're talking 2011!] Isn't this all such fun?
Life is good, indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think quilters (and their partners) are very special :), to travel all around the world to meet friends. bye bye Caro