Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Crafty Christmas and beyond

Dear friend Ronda made two delightful things for me for Christmas and I was sure you would want to see them.  The first is a seasonal pin cushion with some quilting needles ["betweens"] as we used in our class at Houston.  Oh so small!!!!!
Funny little back story:  I first found this fabric in August in Idaho, while on our road trip (in the RV).  I bought enough to make a few sets of pillow cases as Christmas gifts for some of our RV pals.  So then, this arrived:




Isn't it so cute?  Of course, it will have a home in the RV - perhaps for maps or some such?

I have been practicing hand quilting on a whole cloth piece that I bought in Houston - I think I'm improving.

And as you have heard me talking about my Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll mystery -here are the beginnings of completion.  I'm not entirely sure how enthralled I am.  It is difficult to know if you have chosen the "right" colors when you begin.  And as this was entirely from stash, who knew?

I do think the string pieced neutrals is pretty OK, but the others?  We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

When I was in Antwerp a couple of years ago, I purchased a piece of Zweigart fabric.  I couldn't afford too much (it was very expensive) so I got a piece that was approx. 5 feet wide (normal width) and I bought approximately 20 inches.  (Aha - table runner-esque).  This is done in cross stitch.  I pulled it back out and took it with us over New Year's.  I'm enthused to work on it some more.


It's a lovely lavender color.  I hope I still like it when it's finally finished.  Ah those UFO's!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects, and what a cute gifts from Ronda. see you, bye bye Caro