Friday, June 3, 2011

Quilt Exhibition

Friday was a trip to Vaassen to Castle Cannenburgh.  Approximately every four years a quilt show is hung in the castle and it is open to the public.  Great!  An hour and a half on the train, a 20 minute bus run and a short walk and we were there


A charming venue.  Sadly we were not allowed to take any photos inside the castle.  So here are a few from the front entrance


We were able to enjoy the furnished rooms in the castle (as well as the quilts).  We had a brief lunch on the grass outside and then continued our shopping opportunities.


As I've told you before, the cost of quilting supplies here are significantly more than in the US, so I didn't buy a thing. But, as always it is great fun to look.


How's this for a neighborhood?  (location, location, location).  I keep forgetting to credit Elaine with some of the photos I include here.  She is an adept photographer and I am able to take advantage of that.  Thanks, Elaine.

No comments: